*Remember to post your paper edits on the site by creating a new page (on the bar to the left) with the following format ex. "Show # - Paper Edit - Segment Heading (Top Demo, Top Talk etc.)
And please send all your paper edits to the fyi producers at - moc.liamtoh|srecudorpiyf#moc.liamtoh|srecudorpiyf
March 23rd 2010
Hey Guys, Sorry I couldn't be there this morning! I did get all the ideas from Nareeman and they are posted right below this! :)
FYI - SHOW 6 - “The Future” – LIVE TO TAPE – NO STOPPING!!!!
Group #1 - Joe/Shereena/Lara
Idea’s – ***Stunt school – The future of special effects/Animation classes in Sheridan
Group #2 – Seg. Producer - Natashalee
Reporter – Nareeman
Camera/Editor - Phil
- The future of Crime Fighting/The real CSI
- Sally Takacs is detective constable for Forensic Identification of the Halton Regional Police Service
- 905-825-4747 ext. 5021
- In touch with them now asking for permission
- “CSI effect” – a syndrome jurors have with altered perceptions of forensic compilation
- A day in the life of…
- A closer look at how it’s really done and what’s really used; the difference between TV CSI and reality
Group #3 – Reporter – Jennifer
Seg. Producer – Cece
- Re-do social jobbing segment from previous show
- ***Making a future for yourself – Entrepreneurial businessman has his own promotion company/club. As a, young person how he paved his own future
Group #4 – Chase Producer – Daniel
Camera - Jimena
- bring in a musical guest – Noel Esso
- he’s 23 has a son and making music for his son and family
- back to the future music
Group #5 – Seg. Producer – Cristina
Reporter – Graeme
Camera/Editor – Kyle
***-The future of journalism and the communications industry – citizen journalism and how the industry is changing, examples of augmented reality.
- Following the life of a stand-up comedian
Random Segment Ideas
- Jim Balsille – has a theoretical institute at the university of waterloo for the future.
-each donated hundreds of millions to start perimeter institute of quantum physics
-the theatre industry and following a student into the industry (somewhat along the lines of Nareeman’s Beat Report)
Utilize the entire set
- Have the hosts standing = the risers must be moved.
- Cameras track with the host as they walk and talk around set
- Fix the lighting on set
- Have a song at the end of the show like a music video
- Collective song of any/all students = cover song or new
THURSDAY, MARCH 25th - OUTLINE
- have a focus, hopefully some elements/characters
- what visuals to keep it exciting
- the angle and why this story matters; outline 5 W’s
- put powerful shots at the end for the sign off
THURSDAY, APRIL 1ST – PAPER EDIT
TUESDAY, APRIL 6TH – FINISHED COPY
March 16th 2010
Hey Guys, Here's the Rundown for show 5!
OPENING ANIMATION/TEASER FOR FASHION SHOW AND SCRATCHING
INTRO TO SOCIAL JOBBING
INTRO TO FASHION SHOW
TEASE CIRCUS LIFE
INTRO TO SCRATCHING
INTRO TO CIRCUS LIFE
INTRO TO PSYCHIC
March 9th 2010
The following is how the show is going to be laid out.
Top Trend Social Jobbing
Cece Jen Phil
- How things have changed when it comes to searching for a job
- Finding work through social networking sites like Facebook/Twitter
- Positive and Negative aspects of using social networking sites when finding a job
Reaching for the Top Local Fashion Making a Difference in Community
Shannon Jimena Natashalee Rich
- Fashion Show to send kids with cancer to camp
- Focus on one of the students who is creating clothes and one of the kids going to camp
Top Demo Scratch Attack
Dan Shereena Graeme
- Profiling a DJ
- Teaching people how to DJ (including Graeme)
Over the Top Circus Life
Cristina Kyle Lisa
- Profile the creators
- How they help the circus’ performers
Top Talk Psychic
- Why people have the ability to be psychic
- If anyone can be psychic
- How can you tell if someone is actually psychic or not
February 25th 2010
Here is the final show schedule for show 4! :)
8:30 AM-SETUP AND START TIME—QUE TAPES
9:30-10:30AM START FIRST REHEARSAL
10:45-11:30 2ND REHEARSAL
11:30-12:00 LUNCH BREAK
12:00-12:30 THEO ARRIVES NAREEMAN (tape him working) APPROX 20 MINS
12:30-1:00 THIRD REHEARSAL
1:00-1:30 ARRIVAL OF STUDIO GUEST-ANNE CALLAGHAN-PRETAPE 2 MIN INTERVIEW
1:30-1:45 BREAK TIME
1:45-2:45 SHOW TAPE
2:45-3:15 WRAP AND TAKE DOWN SET
3:15-4:00 PEER EVALUATION
EVERYONE HAS TO STAY TIL 4PM~
Lets make this an awesome show guys!!!
February 19th 2010
Here are all the deadlines I just emailed you!! :)
Templates for Top Segments: Monday
Paper Edit/Show Green: Monday (Don't forget to post them on the wiki as well)
Meeting for Segment Producers/Hosts/Director: Monday
Line Up: Monday
Hosts Scripts: Tuesday
Bumpers and Teasers: Tuesday
Rough Cut for Maria: Tuesday
Print to Tape: Tuesday-Thursday (message Lisa when you need to THE LATEST TO PRINT TO TAPE IS THURSDAY AT 12PM OR IT WON'T BE ON THE SHOW!!!!!)
Production meeting for EVERYONE: Thursday at 10am outside of Second Cup.
Reminders: Cross fade the music from your "Top" Template at the beginning of your piece with your segment, if you need help come to either Nareeman or Lisa.
The segments that need a show tease are:
Special Effects and Makeup
We need a Bumper from How To YouTube.
February 16th 2010
I added a link for the new positions for this show! The link is called "Show Positions - Show 4" Let's make this an awesome show :)
Well the new year has started and i think we can make our second show OUTSTANDING!
In order to avoid confusion with the wiki site, i started adding dates as the page name- so I hope that this will eliminate some of the overlap on the site. I don't want to delete anything from the last semester, but I also am not very good at organizing the website (give me a little time and i think i can re arrange it) To navigate through I would suggest going to the link "LIST ALL PAGES" and there you will see pages Ive added organized by date.
Hey Everyone, This is the official Wiki for the second year Journalism Broadcast Magazine Show "FYI". On this site members will be able to access show info, a show calendar (featuring all due dates, meetings etc), a contact list and any other important information needed for the show. I’ll be updating this as frequently as possible. Let’s make this an awesome show guys!
- Lisa Barley.
October 29, 2009
Hey Everyone, The Show Calendar is officially up! I also added in everyones Job Positions so everyone knows what everyone else is doing. If you guys plan any meetings or do anything involving FYI please let me know so I can put it up on the calendar.
- Lisa Barley.
November 3, 2009
Hey Everyone, The Production Calendar is up, I just need to know under "Hasn't been or Not Confirmed" what your thoughts are and what you are going to be doing for Graphics and Music.
Thanks Guys :)
- Lisa Barley
November 10, 2009
Hey Everyone, Just a reminder that the learning journals up to next week are due Tuesday November 17th 2009. I also made a new link for printing to tape for the editors and anyone else who would like to know how. And if the few people who haven't given me there money for the budget could hand it in as soon as possible that would be great :)
- Lisa Barley
November 17, 2009
Hey Everyone, I added links for Suggested Show Intros and Paper Edits below. Shannon and I are updating the lineup and when it is finished i'll add it to the wiki! :)
- Lisa Barley
November 19 2009
Hey Everyone, the line up is officially on the wiki!
- Lisa Barley
Show Positions -Show 4
Show Positions -Show 5
Show Positions -Show 6
Printing to Tape
Suggested Show Intros
Paper Edits Show 2
Paper Edits Show 3
Paper Edits Show 5
Show Green Show 4
FINAL SHOW Outlines
As this is the class site for 'FYI' it is yours to work with both this semester and next. This is a professional site, and if anything inappropriate is posted to the site, you will lose your class privileges to use this site and academic penalties will apply.
Then there are some things you need to know:
** Your Wikidot site has two menus, one at the side called 'nav:side', and one at the top called 'nav:top'. These are Wikidot pages, and you can edit them like any page.
•To edit a page, go to the page and click the Edit button. You can change everything in the main area of your page. The Wikidot language is easy to learn but powerful.
•You can attach images and other files to any page, then display them and link to them in the page.
•Every Wikidot page has a history of edits, and you can undo anything. So feel secure, and experiment.
•You can choose different themes in the Site Manager, and you can write your own theme if you know CSS.